Adorable Coming Home From Hospital Outfits!
One of the first joys as a new parent is packing up and heading home from the hospital.
But, this isn’t the time to just put a plain onesie on that new tiny babe.
Now is the time to find the cutest coming home from the hospital outfit you can and buy two of them!
Regardless of whether or not you know the gender, you can find some adorable coming home from hospital outfits to meet your style needs.
*This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you, if you make a purchase using this link. I only recommend products I love or would personally use.
How to Choose Baby’s Homecoming Outfit
- Simplicity: When looking for an outfit to bring a baby home in, look for an outfit that’s pretty simple. You’re likely tired, and you may be having company over when you arrive home. You won’t want to spend a ton of time on tiny buttons and snaps for a diaper change.
- Gender: We never found out the gender of our kids, so we always bought both. Or, you could buy a gender-neutral homecoming outfit. If you know what you’re having, buy all the frills and bowties!
- Style: Maybe you have a very simple style, or maybe you like ruffles and glitter. There is no right answer here. Choose a style for your baby’s coming home from the hospital outfit that suits you!
- Hat and Socks: I personally think every baby should leave the hospital with a hat/headband and a pair of socks. Those itty bitty baby feet need to be warm.
- Consider the Season: I am sharing a variety of newborn homecoming outfits because I want you to find the right newborn out for every season.
- Buy Two Sizes: If the doctor is telling you your baby is going to be big, or maybe you think you’re having a tiny baby, consider buying two sizes. Ultrasound estimates can be off either way by a pound or so.
- Buy an Extra: I think it is always wise to buy your first choice of baby homecoming outfits just in case your sweet babe pukes or poops on the outfit right before you’re discharged from the hospital.
- Siblings: If this isn’t your first baby and you want matching shirts for your kids, keep that in mind. When we brought our newest babe home from the hospital, all of our kids had shirts with a matching theme.
Best Newborn Coming Home Outfit for a Preemie
You’ll want to make sure the littlest member of your family is warm and snuggly as you head home from the hospital. You can layer this baby boy preemie outfit, which will allow you to make sure your baby boy is at the perfect temperature as you pack him up to head home. Or, if you’re having a girl, how beautiful is this miracles preemie set?
Best Baby Girl Coming Home from Hospital Outfits
Best Baby Girl Coming Home Outfit for Spring
I love the details on this spring outfit for coming home from the hospital. This newborn outfit is perfect for spring with its ruffled short sleeves and adorable floral shorts.
Best Baby Girl Coming Home Outfit for Summer
This adorable newborn girl outfit for coming home from the hospital is perfect for summer weather. Oh my goodness! When you’re ready to bring your newborn girl home this summer, she will look super cute in this pink ruffle set.
Maybe you’ve been waiting for your sweet miracle for a while. Commemorate her birth with this baby girl coming home outfit. Another great coming home from the hospital outfit for the summer, I love the gold details and the ruffled bottom.
Best Baby Girl Coming Home Outfit for Fall
This classic newborn baby girl outfit is so fitting for fall. I love the cream color with the knit detail.
Maybe ruffles and glitter aren’t your thing but you want a cute, warm outfit for bringing your baby girl home from the hospital. I love the floral long-sleeve onesie with a matching headband!
Best Baby Girl Coming Home Outfit for Winter
When you’re looking for a warm outfit to bring your baby home from the hospital in, always look for something that will keep their head, hands, and feet warm. This cute ruffled coming home from the hospital outfit has all 3.
Pink and frills are the name of the game when bringing home a baby girl! Here is another great baby girl homecoming outfit. I also love that you have the option of using the hat or the headband.
Baby Girl Rainbow Baby Coming Home Outfit
If you’re getting ready to bring home your sweet rainbow baby, this rainbow baby hospital outfit is perfect! Having a rainbow baby is a beautiful experience and your special gift should be celebrated as such!
Best Baby Boy Coming Home from Hospital Outfits
Best Baby Boy Coming Home Outfit for Spring
Oh my goodness! How cute is this baby boy outfit for coming home from the hospital?? This is also perfect for anyone who is bring a baby home in a military family.
For the new little man in your world, bring him home from the hospital in style with the handsome little bowtie and suspender set.
Best Baby Boy Coming Home Outfit for Summer
Oh my goodness! Check out this handsome short sleeve little boy outfit for coming home from this hospital! Every sweet newborn boy will be coming home in style with this adorable outfit!
Best Baby Boy Coming Home Outfit for Fall
Fall weather means you’ll need something a bit warmer to bring your little man home from the hospital. This newborn baby boy outfit is perfect for cooler fall weather.
Best Baby Boy Coming Home Outfit for Winter
If you’re looking for a warm outfit for coming home from the hospital, check out this cozy boy’s romper. The simplicity is amazing while keeping your baby boy warm and snuggly.
It may have taken a while for you to have a sweet baby to bring home. Bring your sweet boy home in style with this adorable “worth the wait” newborn set.
Gender Neutral Coming Home from Hospital Outfits
Best Gender Neutral Coming Home Outfit for Spring
So… this cute little outfit is perfect for boys and girls. (Even though it’s listed as a girl’s outfit) I love that it’s a simple black and white newborn outfit that can be dressed for a girl with the headband, or a boy with the hat.
Best Gender Neutral Coming Home Outfit for Summer
This is a fantastic example of a summer gender-neutral outfit for coming home from the hospital. I love how simple it is because you can easily dress it up for a girl, or leave it as is for a boy.
Best Gender Neutral Coming Home Outfit for Fall
There is something classic about a neutral-colored outfit for bringing a baby home from the hospital. This is a great option if you won’t be finding out the gender of your baby.
Another great gender-neutral outfit for bringing a baby home from the hospital is a neutral-colored onesie that you can then dress up with a hat, headband, or gender-specific pair of pants.
Best Gender-Neutral Coming Home Outfit for Winter
I love everything about this cute little gender-neutral outfit. It comes with a long sleeve shirt, long pants, and this super cute little hat to make sure your sweet babe stays warm and snuggly when you head home from the hospital.
If your focus is all about making sure your baby is super warm and cozy, you may go with one of these gender-neutral footed jammies.
Best Coming Home from Hospital Outfits for Siblings
Cute matching tractor shirts for two brothers.
No matter what hospital homecoming outfit you choose, even if you choose a plain onesie, what a joy to be able to bring a baby home! Congratulations on your new bundle of joy!
MORE Awesome Baby Stuff!
The owner of this website is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon properties.